Thursday, January 20, 2011

Flowerfall

Recently, while at Stamping 411, I saw this waterfall card by Craftyhazelnut and just had to try one. As with many fancy folds, it's pretty pie-easy once you get the hang of it. The tutorials by Splitcoaststampers and Susan Quinn were excellent and very helpful, but I really had trouble visualizing this particular concept.

This is only the second waterfall card I've made (excluding a couple of tries last year that we won't discuss), and I really like the mix of simplicity and detail.

You may be thinking,
I love the little surprise images, but wouldn't the extra layers inhibit the mechanism? Well, yeah. But they're so cute!

I used the Color Throwdown combo of kraft, pink & pear, and ended up using two tones of each. I could
not get enough of the pink embossing powder! I really fought buying detailing scissors, but they made this much easier...and tons of fun.


Inspiration:
Color Throwdown Callenge #125: kraft, pink & pear

Supplies: Colorbök & Recollections cardstocks, Fiskars papercutter, scallop scissors, and punches, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart detailing scissors and embossing powder, InkItUp! ink, Marvy heat tool, stamps by gstudios, Eyelet Outlet brads, Michaels eyelet, Crop-O-Dile II, Offray ribbon, Copic Ciao markers for edging

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't made one of these in a long time! What fun! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card (thanks for giving me a mention) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet!! I've seen these cards but have never made one. Maybe it's time I did - yours is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok..if anything made me want to roll all over the floor in laughter, it was looking at this and thinking you thought I could do this. OH MY WORD? I would not have clue, I will look at the tutorial and see though..but you are so sweet to think I had it in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely waterfall card. I like it that you called it flower fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.