Tuesday, January 11, 2011

...Flock together

I've really been having fun with my Bluebird stamp, and it's actually made me really long for Spring. Especially today, which is gray with the threat promise of snow.
I went to nature for color inspiration, and decided to color the three birds as English, American, and Australasian robins. I love to think how these birds are "common" to their communities, yet are so different in their coloring. The differences in beak and leg colors were especially interesting to me.


This is a foldover layer card, which I've seen several places including the awesome Extreme Cards & Papercrafting blog. It's oh-so-easy to cut and lays relatively flat. I was inspired to try something different by this week's
Fancy Fold challenge at Allsorts. In this case, I'd say that birds of a feather fold together (you didn't think I could let that go, did you?)!

Allsorts Challenge Week 85: Fancy fold

Supplies:
Bluebird rubber stamp by Carolyn Shores Wright for Stamps Happen, Inc., Recollections & K&Company cardstock, Memento ink, Fiskars papercutter and deckle scissors, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart detailing scissors, stash brad, Crop-O-Dile II, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Garamond typeface, Copic Ciao B color set

2 comments:

  1. Wow loving this fold on a squarer card the image is so cute and so well coloured!...

    thanks for joining in the fancy folds challenge at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely fold and supercute image! Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts challenge with this creation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.