Friday, January 21, 2011

Spider-Mouse, Spider-Mouse, Does whatever he wants in your house

As I was flipping through one of my husband's awesome graphic novels this morning, I started thinking about how some of the newer ones are colored. It looks like Copics are used, but the shadows aren't blended over, so there's a real line to the rich color. Thinking I should try this, I Googled "superhero digi stamps" and found this adorable SpiderMan mouse (Spider Henry by Alison Acton for Whiff of Joy). It was super-fun to color, and I can't believe it's a freebie!
This is a Happy Weekend card for my husband, and I hope it will make him smile more than grimace. See, we live with super-mice. It's an old house and apparently if you can slide a piece of paper under it, a mice can waltz through it. I'm about ready to put up an altar to Hunca Munca. So, the thought of a mouse that has spider-powers is actually fairly chilling. But it's so cute as a card. Maybe it's swinging down to grab the cheese off the traps...

This is also my take on Midnight Madness Sketch #87. I know they get a kick out of my creations, and hope they will forgive my using rubber stamps for the background and sentiment. They just worked so perfectly with this digi stamp, even if they are so last century!


Supplies:
Spider Henry digi stamp from Whiff of Joy, Beatrix Potter rubber stamps from Crafter's Companion, Memento & StazOn inks, Recollections and Core'dinations cardstocks, emery board, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL software, Offray ribbon, Stickles, stash brad, ZipDry glue, MS scissors, Fiskars papercutter and deckle scissors, Copic Ciao markers

3 comments:

  1. This is a fun card! Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Valerie PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This is sooo cool! Love the spidermouse and all the other mice! Supercool and fun card!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge. I hope to see you again soon!

    Mvh
    Gunn
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! GREAT image! Thanks so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge! It's wonderful to have you!

    Hugs,
    Lorie MMDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.