Monday, January 10, 2011

PaperFacesDesigns Valentine

Just as some places have two seasons – Winter and Road Construction – crafters have Holidays and Decorating. I'm already anticipating Valentine's Day, so I decided to start with this adorable PaperFacesDesigns image.

I'm still learning how to use Copic markers, and this was a perfect way to practice. Many, many thanks go to the Mad for Markers blog for their coloring tutorials and guides. I've listed the ones I listed for this project at the bottom of this post.

Although there are a ton of elements on the cards, it's sort of precious at 4x4 inches. I'm going to have to make more of this one!

For this super-simple easel card, I cut a 12x4 piece of cardstock and folded it at four, six and eight inches. Then I taped the figure onto the extra cardstock and traced with scissors. To make the card, I glued down the figure and made a pop-up square to hold the other image.


Digi Stamp:
I Heart U Couple by Therese Travis (PaperFacesDesigns)

Copic markers used:
Person 1: E51, YR00 & E02; Hair: E35 & Y08; Clothes: R59, R27 & RV29; RV21 & RV23
Person 2: YR00, E33 & E35; Hair: E35, E47 & R59; Clothes: BG10, BG15 & B05
Rose: RV29 & RV27; G21 & YG41

Skin coloring tutorial by Tracey at Mad for Markers
Clothing coloring tutorial: Tracey at Mad for Markers
Skin & Hair Coloring Guides by Sammi at Mad for Markers

Supplies: K&Company Valentine's Designer double-sided paper pack, Core'dinations cardstock, Copic Ciao BG10 & R59 markers for edging, Fiskars papercutter and corner punch, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart detailing scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.