Sunday, January 2, 2011

See Me Roar

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with the incredible inspiration out there in the craft-blogosphere, but doubt is part of creativity. The other part is sucking it up and just creating, darn it.

I knew I wanted to use the lovely paisley stamp my husband picked up for me before I got completely distracted by Christmas, and for some reason the not-so-my-style color combo at the Play Date Cafe really spoke to me. I colored the stamps with watercolor pencils,my new favorite trick. I only used a red and a yellow pencil for the paisleys...I'm so tickled with how the watercolors make each unique.

For more inspiration, I took the Card Cupids challenge of Anything Goes and broke out a poem that a FaceBook friend sent me some time ago. (Girl you're so awesome! Thank you!)

Since I haven't used my sewing machine in some time and actually have to work the pedal with my hand, I went ahead and eyeballed the stitching right onto the printed poem. Cannot believe this worked! Then I edged the card and paisley paper (which I've been hoarding for just this kind of occasion) with a light pink marker. I did the same to make a message card for the inside.

I'm really enjoying making off-center gate fold cards, or whatever you'd call this. I backed the front paisley with decorative paper to make the inside view a little prettier.
Inspiration:
Play Date Cafe Challenge #62

Card Cupids Challenge #5: Anything Goes

Supplies: Rubber stamp by Stampabilities, Royal watercolor pencils & brush, StazOn ink, Core'dinations cardstock, Classic Paisley Pink Polka paper by the Paper Studio, sewing machine & thread, ZipDry glue, HP printer & ink, Tim Holtz scissors, papercutter with decorative blades, Copic marker RV21 & blender, Folkard™ font

8 comments:

  1. Huge creation, lovely project!
    Thanks for being my follower now,
    greetings;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the poem. Thanks for playing along with the Card Cupids challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Watercolor pencil coloring looks amazing! I can't believe you only used two colors, it matches your paper so well.
    Thanks for participating in our Card Cupids Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a beautiful blog!
    I love your style....and thanks for your lovely comment left on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty paisleys! So glad you played along this week at the Play Date Cafe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and beuatiful poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! LOVE those paisleys! Great use of our colors!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  8. That paisley is just awesome! Thanks for supporting Card Cupids!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.