Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wintertime, and the sittin's easy

I've been inspired to print-and-cut digi stamps ever since I read Jeannie's excellent technique post at the Polka Cabana; I haven't done it the old-fashioned way since I got my Cricut and SCAL. Jeannie shows you how to use digital papers, but I decided to be really old-fashioned and use some of my Stampin' Up! paper. I printed Crafty Ann's adorable Easy Chair digi stamp onto pink-on-pink and green-on-green, text-patterned SU paper, and then cut out details from the pink, ran them through my sticker machine, and adhered them to the green. Isn't this a funky chair?! I want it!

Mom took a corner-bookmark class and brought me the directions. I was really impressed with how cute they are! I've been wanting to try it again, so I was pleased to see the Bookmark challenge at Crafter's Digital Art Center (CDAC). SU paper is perfect for this, because of it's weight, size, and silky texture. I scalloped some scraps for the frills. For the sentiment, I used this sweet one from my new Hero Arts set. I've recently discovered that my ColorBox liquid chalks, which usually are poor for stamping because they don't dry well, really pop when I clear-emboss over them. This also multiplies my stamp-color choices!
Digi stamp: Easy Chair by Crafty Ann's

Inspiration:
SP
Color Combo #84: Pale Plum, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi
CDAC Other Theme Challenge (cdacotc15): Bookmark


Supplies: Stampin' Up! paper (Subtles Patterns 2010), ColorBox liquid chalk, HP printer & ink, Fiskars papercutter and scalloped scissors, ZipDry glue, MS detailing scissors, Xyron sticker machine, MeltArt clear embossing powder, Marvy heat tool, Hero Arts polymer stamp

My favorite use of this bookmark (top right photo): Keeping Time, Passager Books

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and creative! Thanks so much for playing with us at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.