Sunday, January 16, 2011

Silly Gooses

Today is Lazy Sunday and our whole family's been in a silly mood. Well, maybe not the iguana, but certainly the dogs and humans. It's in this spirit that I embarked on this week's Crafty Ann's and Midnight Madness challenges, which led to this, the Happy Days/Sit On It Notebook Gift Card.

The challenge at Crafty Ann's is to bring in the new, but don't throw out the old. For the "new," I started with an Easy Chair digi stamp I bought for Thank-yous from Crafty Ann (which is how I came across her challenge blog.) Doesn't it just have so many possibilities? And it was only 60p! I also decided to make a little notebook (the sketch calls for a tag) so that I could try my new Bind-It-All. I didn't have the right kind of binding material, so I used the machine as a nice hole punch and bound the notebook with ribbon. I glued in ribbons on top to serve as a closure.

For the "old" part, I returned to what got me started in cardmaking, my Cricut and SCAL. I love, love importing images into SCAL and then "printing" and cutting them with the Cricut. I haven't been doing that a lot recently, but part of my New Year's resolution is to return to some of my older projects and really find my "voice" for my cards. Now, those of you who know me might be saying,
O seriously, how could you possibly be more You? And those who know me best might say, Don't you say that every year? Why yes, you silly gooses. That's so not the point! Anyhoo, using Cricut markers I was able to "print" the digi and text. I usually stick to simple fonts for this, but this fancy script came out pretty well.


I adhered the notebook to the card with Velcro, and fastened the ribbon tie for the pencil with a brad for extra strength. The photos didn't come out great, but the paper is edged with Copic markers, which I also used to color the chairs. I used my blue gel pen for the text and the faux stitching on the large ribbon.

Inspiration:
Crafty Ann's Challenge #32:
Ring in the new but don't ring out the old!
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #86

Digi stamp:
Easy Chair by Crafty Ann

Supplies: The Paper Company cardstocks, Offray ribbon, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL software, stash brad, ZipDry glue, Fiskars papercutter, Copic Ciao markers, Sakura Gelly Roll pen, Velcro

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool cg! What a great idea - I love how you've attached the notebook to the card and have the same image underneath for when it comes off to use. Great colouring too, thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's and thank you for the promised email of the other one too - I bet they loved it! Good luck in the draw to win some more.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card/notebook..Such a pleasure to visit your blog. Cool take on the sketch. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly cute notebook card! How creative you are and there's even a handy pencil! Thanks for joining us this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and we hope you will play along with us again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab creation!! I love it
    Thanks for playing along at Crafty Ann's this time and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little book! The chair is one of my favourites too. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's and hope to see you back soon.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.