Friday, January 28, 2011

Hedgehog, Freshly Brewed

I decided that today was a Hedgehog-coloring kind of day, and I just had to use the color inspiration at Freshly Brewed (even though I know it's a mostly-digi site; sorry!). Instead of specific colors, they're asking us to create cards inspired by the picture on the right. Check out all of those shams! It reminds me of the conversation I had years ago with my husband, about whether we should get pillow shams for our bed. Wait, you take the pillows off the bed at night he exclaimed. We do not own pillow shams!

For extra fun, I used this lovely sketch by Friday Sketchers, a site I just discovered. It's just the level of complexity and simplicity that I like. I was pleased to be able to use my heart-flourish stamps for the little butterfly call-out. I stamped the sentiment in the same green as the flourishes, on Core'dinations cardstock that I then tore prettily with my tear edger. I had sanded the middle of the cardstock piece first, to give it some extra dimension.
Inspiration:
Freshly Brewed Challenge #32
Friday Sketchers Challenge #139

Supplies: Decorative paper by the Paper Studio, Recollections and Core'dinations cardstocks, CraftSmart, ColorBox and Memento inks, Fiskars papercutter, tear edger, and corner punch, Offray ribbon, emery board, Copic Ciao markers, sentiment stamp by Hero Arts, silicon flourish stamps from stash,
Bountiful rubber stamp by Penny Black

Update 2/2/11: This card won the Freshly Brewed Challenge #32! Color me honored!

7 comments:

  1. what a cutie of an image. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubbie and I had that same conversation...same result!! Love your choice of colours...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and wonderful papers and colors! Thank you for joining us over at FSB!

    Hugs,
    Jorunn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, you did such a great job with this little guy! Thank you for joining us at Fresh Brewed Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, great colors!

    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges! If I COULD have all of my images in rubber, I would!! :) We have 7 stamps and are adding 7 more next month :D woo hoo!!! So exciting!!! :D

    I love your sweet little card. How could you NOT love those hedgehog!!! My husband told me when his mom worked at Waverly, she had all the beds decorated in shams and pillows and all those wonderful things... and was dared to touch them. I let him sleep on the shams :D

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.