Saturday, January 15, 2011

Card Cupids Valentines

The good folks over at Card Cupids are having a Valentines challenge, and I've been wanting to send some cards to them so this seemed like a perfect opportunity. Okay, I'll just admit that I didn't read all of the directions before I started this challenge, so these 4 identical cards were just sent off without a special note (just the required form). Hopefully they'll make it by the deadline of Jan. 17 (er, Monday), but if not, I'm pretty sure they can still be used.

I recently purchased this Flowering Tree digi stamp from PriscillaStyles and got the the Hearts version as a freebie. Well, now I'm going to have to buy it too because the stamps together work so well for a magic picture card! Digital magic cards don't usually take me too long, but I had some time so I colored both images with copics and hand-stamped the cardstock. I like how the store-bought Valentines paper I used for the frames matches so well with the handmade stuff. This card might well become this year's Valentine...

As part of their Valentines Day card challenge, Card Cupids has teamed up with My Pink Stamper and Viva Decor to offer a HUGE giveaway. Here are the rules:
    Three Ways to Enter:
    1. Post about their blog candy and what you need to do to win the prize. Leave a comment on their blog with a link to your post.
    2. Create Valentine’s Cards for Card Cupids and add your link. Each time you create a post with new cards, you can add a link.
    3. Send in the cards you created to Card Cupids to be given to the children at The Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel. For each card you send in, you will receive 1 entry. Be sure to follow their donation guidelines.
Hope you'll join in!

4 comments:

  1. Great cards! The Valentines Challenge has been extended until Feb 4 so plenty of time. I will add a note to the cards from you when I get them. :) Thanks for being a Card Cupid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Christina...I love how you used the two images together..That turned out FABULOUS! I would be honored if you would share these wonderful creations on CDAC (http://priscillastyles.ning.com/)
    The girls will go crazy over this one. I know I LOVE it. Thank you again for purchasing my images, you are such a sweetheart and I love your work.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are beautiful and I'm sure the children will love them. Thank you for participating at Card Cupids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.