Friday, January 7, 2011

Blacked-Eyed Susans' Dream

Card Update 1/7/11
I had so much fun taking artsy photos of the card I made yesterday that I never really finished making it a card. I've already received some lovely comments on it, but since I'm in easel-card mode this morning I whipped up a base for it.

I had originally planned to make a standard 5.5x4.25 card, but due to the size of the image I changed the final dimensions to 6x5.25, so having to cut an odd size for the base wasn't much of an issue with the easel card. For the inside I used a white butterfly that was in my workspace from my mom's punch, which is now back at home in Arizona, and sprayed it with my favorite glimmer mist.

It snowed last night and now is a sunny morning, so I felt inspired to take the card outside. Those who know me best will understand the enormity of this. The photos from the back porch were absolutely worth the whole project.

Additional supplies: Core'dinations cardstock, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Tattered Angels glimmer mist (Jack Frost)


Original Post 1/6/11

It's a chilly yet sunny day, so I thought I'd make something with the sunshiny butterfly I colored on Christmas night with my new Copics.

I've been saving this for a special occasion, and this week's ColourQ and SCS Sketch challenges fit the bill.

Since the ColourQ challenges are based on Stampin' Up! colors, I was happy to be able to use some of my Stampin' Up! paper. It's so yummy I hate to use it for just anything, but I had colors that matched this week's combo So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Soft Sky. Just by chance, I had met the "basic black" criteria already by making the daisies Black-eyed Susans in a nod to my now-home State of Maryland. I added a glitter border to the "dream" sentiment to offset the black.

Inspiration:
colourQ Challenge #66: so saffron, daffodil delight, soft sky, basic black + white
SplitcoastStampers Sketch Challenge #314

Supplies:
Dream Butterfly rubber stamp cling by Impression Obsession, Stampin' UP paper (Subtles Patterns 2010), Recollections white cardstock, StazOn ink (I know I know, that's a big no-no for copic markers, but I didn't know that at the time & it's the only ink I had. I've mended my ways!), Martha Stewart border punch, Fiskars papercutter, ZipDry glue, Sakura gelly roll pen, Copic Ciao B color set


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous image! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a card or scrap book page? Either one it is lovely! You put a lot of work into the details! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image & the card, CG! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.