Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh and TLC

January 6th is Three Kings' Day, so tonight, the 5th, children around the world will put their shoes out, filled with treats for the Kings' animals (perhaps an elephant, horse and camel). I haven't put my shoes out since I was 10 (and even then we kept them inside the door because of other animals), but this year I decided to make some cards for the occasion. So glad it's finally here, so that I can share them!

They were inspired by an image and wordart combo by Paulette at
TLC Creations. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make a magic picture card, so I purchased the 3 images: the Kings, the Kings with music background, and the mix of the images & wordart of the carol "We Three Kings".

Good Cheer to all!
Digi stamps: We Three Kings Verse, We Three Kings Vintage and We Three Kings Vintage Remix by TLC Creations
Original inspiration for magic picture cards:
Naked Mole Rat magic picture card by CPeep at Extreme Cards & Papercrafting
Magic Card tutorial:
SplitcoastStampers
Magic card template
for SCAL2 by cg-says


Supplies: DCWV decorative paper, Staples cardstock, Graphix clear plastic, eyelet from Tuesday Morning, Crop-O-Dile II, ZipDry glue, HP printer & ink, Fiskars papercutter, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Offray ribbon, Sharpies, Grumbacher pastels, Pebbles Inc. pom poms, Pergamano reverse-action tweezers, AquaNet hairspray

Update 1/6/11: This card was mentioned in the Happy Three Kings' Day post on Create with TLC.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out beautifully~!
    Love how you did the inside tag.
    Paulette
    TlcCreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.