Monday, January 24, 2011

Cock (er, Hen) of the Walk

I recently discovered the Paperworks Co. blog, which is lovely and informative and has lots of fun challenges. I was intrigued by this week's Recipe Tuesday challenge, which calls for one circle, one bow, and two flowers. I was so excited that I made the card right away...and then realized that I had used three flowers. Dang. The final layout really needed all three, so I put it aside.

Last night I was organizing my craft piles and found a few stamp-scraps that I had made for projects that never materialized: a peacock with a sun background I had colored and decoupaged; a medallion, stamped with Antique Linen distress ink; "hello" stamped blue on light blue cardstock; the other half of a deep blue cardstock I used for my dad's birthday card. Happily, I had the perfect flower stamp: a lotus, that I haven't had a chance to use yet. I stamped them on a small scrap of metallic-blue paper and embossed them in white. Ooo, I'm going to have to do that again!
I really love this peacock digi stamp; what couldn't you do with it‽ One of my favorite parts about coloring it is that it reminds me of actual peacocks, and the heavy sound their tails make on the ground when their feathers aren't up. It's a soulful sound, and I like that this image sort of conveys that gorgeous weight.


Inspiration: PaperWorks Co. Recipe Tuesday #6: circle, bow + 2 flowers

Supplies: Core'dinations & Recollections cardstocks, Tim Holtz distress ink, HP Printer & ink, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart detailing scissors, Stampendous! embossing powder, Offray ribbon, Copic Ciao markers, Too gel pen, Smirk glitter pen (for edging), stash silicon stamp (lotus), rubber stamp by Holly Berry House (background), digi stamp by TLC Creations (Peacock)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.