Thursday, January 13, 2011

Poets vs Dragon

While shopping during the Holidays, we saw this cute dragon dog toy and thought we'd entertain ourselves by watching our dogs chew out the 11 squeakers. What we didn't expect was our dogs taking so long to disembowel it; our Walt (the dark one) can destroy a toy in under a minute if he's feeling like it. It was a bit pricey, but I said Ooh, wouldn't that make a great scrapbooking project! and so we brought it home. The dogs are used to having their picture taken by now, and I was able to get some great shots over the past few weeks.


The stuffed dragon also gave me a great excuse to use the Stampin' Up! Chinese-y stamps I haven't had occasion to use yet. I couldn't believe how great the fortune cookies came out after I colored them with copics! And yes, that's an actual fortune from a cookie we got from carry-out: "Don't put off till tomorrow what can be enjoyed today."

The base paper is a lovely, pre-glittered piece Mom sent me that I've been saving for such a project; I cut the frames and circles on my Cricut. The round stamps were lovely on their own, but for fun I embossed with them with gold.

I whipped together the title piece in SCAL, and "printed"
and cut it on the Cricut. The layout sketch is courtesy of SplitCoastStampers' weekly scrapbook layout sketch challenge, which really brought all the elements together.

Inspiration: SBSC269

Supplies: HP Brochure paper, Recollections cardstock, stash decorative paper, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL software, Tim Holtz scissors, ZipDry glue, 09 KutUps dingbat font by Clever Someday, Memento ink, MeltArt embossing powder, Marvy heat tool, rubber stamps from Stampin' Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.