Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

My knowledge of Australian culture is pretty much confined to Nick Cave, early Peter Weir, and Ned Kelly, so I enjoyed researching Australian history again for the Australia Day challenge at Mad for Markers. I've learned so much about copic coloring from this site, and I was so excited about entering their challenges now that I have copic markers that I didn't want a little thing like not being Australian stand in my way.

As the child of another former British colony, I was kinda bummed that I had to use red, white & blue
yet again; but the only info I could find on the yellow and green colors had something to do with wattles, so I decided to blend the two schemes. This cute digi stamp from TLC Creations made the job easy, as did the colorful Australian Cattle Dog.

I chose "Home Sweet Home" as the sentiment because it pretty much sums up the true spirit of nationality. Thanks to the fork trick, I made a bow with three colors of ribbon for a festive final touch. Happy Australia Day!
Inspiration:
Mad for Markers Challenge: Australia Day (Red, White & Blue
or Yellow & Green)

Digi stamp:
Doggy Picnic Vintage by TLC Creations
Fonts:
Home Sweet Home by Ray Larabie and Scriptina by Apostrophic Labs

Supplies: Recollections and Core'dinations cardstocks, Fiskars papercutter, ZipDry glue, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Cricut Expression, SCAL, Offray ribbon, Copic Ciao B color set

Update 1/31/11: This card received a mention in the Mad for Markers Australia Day Challenge. Thanks ladies, I had tons of fun with it!


3 comments:

  1. WOW CJ, so much thought and wonderful effort you have put into this fantastic creation! Love the red, white & Blue coloured jacket lol! Thank you for joining us in our Copic Colouring Australia Day Colours Challenge over at Mad for Markers, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an awesome post and I'm thrilled with the effort you went to in entering our Australia day challenge .. THANKS :D Love how you combined the 2 colour schemes... and that little dog just looks adorable in his red and blue coat!
    Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers :D
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and great research! Thanks for joining in our Mad for Marker's Australia Day Challenge! Hope to see you again on our next challenge.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.