Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Easy Chair Polka

Being Polish-American, I have a soft spot for Polka. Sadly, I barely have the coordination for a slow waltz, so my Polkas are usually kept to the dot variety. I had an extra chair digi stamp that I printed on the opposite side of the paper for my Easy Chair Bookmark, which happened to be polka-dotted. As was the plan, this card is for the "two patterned papers" challenge at Craft Your Passion.

I found this great sketch at the There She Goes blog, and had a lot of fun with it. The plum and blue/green papers are Core'dinations, my favorite for dry embossing and tearing. This is certainly an I Heart Fiskars project, in that I pulled out both my texturing plates
and tear edger (ruler with a deckle edge). I worked the paper a but with an emery board, and used deckle scissors for the edges I didn't want to tear. I used a glitter marker to edge the callout and the faux ribbon, and a gel pen for the "stitching". The sentiment is stamped in green and clear-embossed.

Digi stamp: Easy Chair by Crafty Ann's

Inspiration:
There She Goes Sketch Challenge #91
Craft Your Passion Challenge #42:
Use two patterned papers

Supplies: Stampin' Up! paper (Subtles Patterns 2010), Recollections and Core'dinations cardstocks, ProvoCraft deckle scissors, Fiskars papercutter, deckle Tear Edger, and texturing plate & tool, ZipDry glue, MS detailing scissors and border punch, Xyron sticker machine, emery board, ColorBox liquid chalks, MeltArt clear embossing powder, Marvy heat tool, sentiment stamp by Hero Arts, Smirk glitter marker, Sakura gel pen

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is too cute! The polka dotted chair looks so comfy! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Craft Your passion in our "use Two Patterned Papers" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.