Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Unbirthday to You

I've been itching to try my Copics with the Alice in Wonderland stamps Mom found for $1, so it seemed especially fortuitous when I ran across the groovy challenge blog Oh, Alice! This week's challenge is Icy Blue, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to mask the stamp and give it a background with my "Jack Frost" glimmer mist. Can't believe how well that worked!

I'm not particularly familiar with the
Alice stories, beyond the Disney version and the poem "Jabberwocky", but I do recognize the beautiful and slightly haunting illustrations of John Tenniel. I Googled the artwork for color ideas and help with story background (I had no idea what some of those critters were at first), and ran across a great online gallery of the book. Apparently, the cute tea-partier stamp is from Chapter XI: Who Stole the Tarts? and the one with Alice and the critters is from Chapter XII: Alice's Evidence.

I couldn't decide on a sentiment, so I made one myself. Happy Unbirthday to Me You!

Inspiration:
Alice in Wonderland Challenge Chapter 45: Remembering Holiday Dreams
Aud Sentiments Challenge #19: Two Words
Card Positioning Systems Sketch #200

Supplies: Recollections and Core'dinations cardstocks, Memento ink, Cling-mount rubber stamps, Cricut Expression, SCAL, Adobe InDesign, HP printer & ink, Folkard™ font, Fiskars papercutter, stamp press and corner punch, ZipDry glue, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, Copic Ciao B color set


*

Oh, Alice! is also asking people how they keep their Christmas memories, so I just have to share the Christmas book Mom made for us this year (she always makes two and we put in our own photos, which I'm slowly in the process of doing). She made large pages with "Little Town of Bethlehem" cut files from the Christmas Village Cricut cartridge and, because she's
been to Bethlehem, made religious symbols for the buildings. I guess this caused a bit of a stir in her crafting group, but it's so beautiful and joyful:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wonderful coloring. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool stamps!! Love the Alice theme! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.