Thursday, January 27, 2011

Simple-ish

After a post-snow morning of cleaning off the bushes, salting the earth (well, the sidewalk, but it still seems counterintuitive), and watching my husband shovel, I was pretty exhausted but oddly exhilarated (Snow Madness).

This stamp really lends itself to coloring and/or decoupage, but a little stamping, embossing, and cutting is all it really needed, thanks to this week's colourQ combo. They use Stampin' Up colors, which all have wonderful names like Cajun Craze and Rich Razzleberry. I tried my best to match them off the screen, but am saving my pennies to get the real thing. I wonder if there's a Poor Razzleberry‽


Inspiration: colourQ challenge #69: Kraft, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Rich Razzleberry + white

Foldover layer card (tutorial at Extreme Cards & Papercrafting)

Supplies: Core'dinations & Recollections cardstocks, ColorBox & InkItUp! inks, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart detailing scissors, Fiskars papercutter and scallop scissors, Stampendous! and Melt Art embossing powders, sentiment stamp by Hero Arts, rubber stamp by Holly Berry House

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card - I love this stamp - and I think you've matched the colour quite well! I have to do that too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Razzleberry - I love it! And how cool is that folded-up card?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely creation, Christina! As for a poor Razzleberry, we that have the Rich Razzleberry are all poor! I do not know where they come up with these names! Loved the humor as well. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.